Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Books

Today (Tuesday) I took the boys to the library this afternoon.  Unbeknownst to me there was a program  there today.  The library had the author Monica Brown there for stories and book signings.  The boys were unsure about the whole thing at first but they eased into it.  The stories read today were:
A biography about Tito Puente

Clara and the Curandera story about a grumpy girl that meets with a wise old woman to help her change he attitude.  I thought it was funny and would be a good book to have.

A biography about Pele the Brazilian soccer player.

I let the boys each choose a book to purchase and have signed.  David of course chose Pele King of Soccer.  Matthew didn't chose a book so I chose Tito Puente for him.  They were both so good about waiting in line to have their books signed.

They looked at their new books a couple of times this afternoon.  Matthew was so excited about his book and David's book.  Matthew realizes that they each have their own name in a book and it's pretty cute.

I like that the boys were excited about their biographical books.  They can learn about a couple of really cool men.  The pictures are great too.

It was so fun to be able to participate in this activity.  It's always nice to be surprised with something exciting and different and fun.  We stayed at the library longer than I had intended but we had a great time.

No comments: